Filed under: Food I Make | Tags: chicken pot pie, food, food blog, how to get a man, life, recipe
Getting a man is really simple, you single ladies out there. It is not rocket science. You rope a man in and keep him with good food. That’s exactly what I did.
And, honey, all you need is a few simple ingredients-chicken, cream of mushroom soup, Veg-All, sour cream, pie crust. Keep it simple. Most men don’t understand complicated food.
That’s what I did a little over fourteen years ago. I saw him. I fed him. I kept him for good. I’ve been feeding him ever since. When I want to remind him that I love him as much as I did then, I make him this dish.
Here are the steps:
1. In a crock pot, slow cook three chicken breasts along with a half cup of water, salt, and pepper for around four hours. Keep an eye on them, as you don’t want them to over cook or dry out.
2. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and allow to cool. Reserve a half cup of the chicken broth from your crock pot chicken just in case things start to look a little thick.
3. Cut your chicken into bite-size pieces when it is cool enough. I like to cut long strips then shred my chicken so it is not in weird bite-size squares. In a large bowl, combine your chicken with one can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of Veg-All, one good dollop of sour cream, and some pepper. If this looks a little too thick, add in a little of your reserved broth.
4. Pour your mixture into a baking dish. I use a medium size glass bowl because everything fits just right. Cover it all with your pie crust. Get fancy if you want-cut a whole in the shape of your man’s favorite team, his initials, or a heart. Aww. Maybe he will notice.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until it bubbles around the sides. While it is baking, go fix yourself up.
6. Serve this to your man or prospective man while it is piping hot. Then, tell him it was nothing, and you do stuff like this all the time. Hum “Put a Ring on It.” Prepare your left hand ring finger for immediate invasion of the diamond kind.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment